Careers support in school
Skills Development Scotland (SDS) is the national skills body and we deliver Scotland’s careers service.
Our careers advisers deliver career information, advice and guidance in your school to pupils from S1-S6.
We are there to help you understand the world of work and to develop the Career Management Skills you need as you move through school.
Your school careers adviser is Fiona Lafferty and you can get in touch with her
You might meet them with your class at a group activity, at a careers event or at a one-to-one appointment.
Fiona might speak to you about:
• Finding out about yourself, your strengths and skills
• Making subject choices
• Different types of careers and how to research them
• Developing the types of skills that are useful in a job
• Routes into careers, including apprenticeships
• Building and developing your networks
• Creating CVs
• Making applications and applying for courses
The work of SDS careers advisers is supported by My World of Work, our online service.
Beyond school, our advisers operate from a network of SDS centres and community locations nationwide, offering expert support to customers of all ages. You can find your nearest centre at myworldofwork.co.uk/centres.
Find out more about our services at skillsdevelopmentscotland.co.uk.